I shared a little glimpse of the April décor last year at the end of this post. It was the first month last year that I really got around to holiday decorating, despite my goal to do it monthly (technically I decorated for March last year, but it was very poorly represented, there really wasn’t much). Which meant that it was the first month this year that I didn’t have tons of projects I was working on the month before. Which was nice because I used a lot of March to do some much needed organizing. This month is going to be a bit tricky in the coming years because I wanted it to be Easter, but since Easter is sometimes in March, that won’t work out very well for the April décor. Like next year for example, when Easter is March 27th. I will have to figure out something else for next year. Maybe the May stuff will be up for April and May. And because Easter is so early in April this year, the Easter decorations are going to stay up a quite a while after Easter. Oh well.
So for April I decided that I wanted to use purple as the primary color for the month, to represent Christ because it is the color of Royalty. And because purple is a spring color. I had this ribbon garland that I used for a birthday party for me and Rachel a few years ago, so I started with that and hung it over the top of the mirror.
I made 3 of the rhinestone eggs last year. I used a tutorial I found on Martha Stewart, but I can not find the post anywhere now. Here is the picture from my Pinterest board. I basically just glued the rhinestones onto a wooden egg. I made three more this year too. Last year I also painted 3 of the same wooden eggs in ombre purple. I was trying to decide what to do with them and Vu suggested the ombre paint. There is his contribution to the décor. 🙂 He was/is very proud of himself for that one.
The “Christ the Lord is Risen!” sign I made at a church craft activity this past October. I cut 3 pieces of cedar board 13″ long and then glued them together onto a couple of thin boards. Then I white washed it and the words are vinyl that were ordered for me for the activity. I used my wooden trough box and flipped it upside down to add some height. Continue reading